Thursday, August 19, 2010

SAYING 'NO' TO NO

Oh My God, What have i done? I feel pathetic & disgusting. Not because someone else has done something to me but just the mere thought of how foolish i can be is making me feel terrible. You might be thinking what is this gal talking about. I gave my personal mobile number to a complete stranger. Can you believe it.? Yes, i did it. Most of you will be thinking whats so terrible about it. But how many of us think about the consequences that alone can cause. A girl like me in a new city with weird rules cannot make such stupid mistake. Because the fear i am feeling now is inexpressable. Though i have my husband staying with me, i feel this terrible fear because anything can happen in this world. My husband goes for work early in the morning & comes back by noon. I have his company for the rest of the day. So i shouldnt be that worried.
I was so scared that my hands started shaking when i heard the calling bell. Most of the time it will be people i know. I was having my lunch alone when i heard two bells. I ran to open the door because it was the much awaited call. We were waiting for the internet connection to come through for the past few days. My husband called me today & said that they are coming to fix it today and i should manage it. So i knew it & opened the doors. Two guys were there, one was the assistant. The main guy asked for permission to come in & apologized for disturbing me at this time. I said it was ok becuase its our need to get the connection fast. Guy asked me if i was a malayali. I said yes & he asked me if i could switch on the a/c. I feel chill when i put that on for more than 5 mins. So i shut it down the moment heat comes down. Thats why it was not on. He asked me if somebody came previously to check this.I said a guy came 2 weeks prior & we complained & nothing happend. He checked few things & told me the problem is still there & he will fix it in 2 days. And he asked for my number. I said i will give my husband's number. Then he asked me dont you have your number. Meanwhile i was grabbing my mobile to get my husband's number. Since he asked twice i gave my number, i will call it 'the moment of utter foolishness'. But i didnt feel bad at that time. He said he will call once its fixed today itself. All of a sudden he wanted to shake my hands. I was thinking how can i give my hands. Finally i shook my hands and he smiled. And then i realised something somewhere is wrong & that i shouldnt have given my number and i shouldnt have hand shaked. During situations like this i convince myself saying what happend is already gone, you cant change it. You can prevent things getting worse.
The guy called after two hours & i was shivering when he said he is coming over again to connect the internet. I had no balance to call my husband. This time the tube light in my head starting working. Our friends were staying opposite to our door & i called them home for tea. They came & i told them what has happend & they promised to stay with me until that guy has gone. Finally I was relieved. The bell rang after few minutes. My friend opened the door. I was in the kitchen making tea. So i couldnt see the guys reaction. Somehow it was going smoothly & silently. Then the bell rang again. I went to open it. I was so happy to see the person in front of the door, my husband reached finally. With lot of people around & with my husband the guy had hardly anything to say & he left after connecting our connection with the world. And i decided not to answer unknown numbers & i decided i will say NO whereever its needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment